Have you seen the getting-prettier-all-the-time menus in 2.7-almost-beta? They really are. Getting prettier all the time, I mean. Once we drop in the fonts and do a little brushing up of edges and colors, the menu system is going to be smooth . The last thing we'll need to do to is replace the icons we've been using as placeholders. Currently, the menus are using icons from Crystal Project , which is perfect because they're released under LGPL (yay for open source!), but less perfect in that they don't quite fit with the new visual style of 2.7, so we're thinking custom icons.
I'm always meeting people at WordCamps or via email who say they wish they could give back to WordPress, but that since they aren't PHP developers, they feel like there isn't any opportunity for them to be a part of the open source project. Well, here's a golden opportunity. Want to design the new WordPress icons?
The icons: Edit Posts . That's a total of 13, and for the navigation icons we'll also need a larger size for use in the screen headers. Some of the sections have natural iconography, while others may be more challenging. The sections are: Dashboard, Posts, Media, Links, Pages, Comments, Appearance, Settings, Users, Plugins, Tools.
The required experience:
Interested? Send us an email and tell us why you want to design the icons, and include a link to your portfolio. How we wind up choosing an icon designer will depend on how many people respond, but we'll keep you posted on the process. For now, send in portfolio links by Saturday night, October 25, 2008. We'll review them over the weekend and get in touch with people on Monday. Hopefully we can be designing by early next week.
- Does Love at First Sight Exist?
- How to Install a New Wordpress Theme With FileZilla and Cpanel
- Magazine Style Wordpress Theme and Why Your Site Needs It
- Creating a WordPress Theme to Complement Your Business
- Benefits of Blogging With WordPress
- Anyone Can Create a Blog and Create Website Traffic With WordPress
- 5 Quick and Easy Website Design Tips For a Successful Online Sales Page
- Why Professional Logo Design is Valuable to Small Business?
- Creating an Author Web Site - How to Find the Best Web Designer to Sell Your Book Online
- Bedroom Decorating - 8 Tips For Finding a Theme That Your Child Will Love
Calling All WordPress-loving Icon Designers have 416 words, post on wordpress.org at October 24, 2008. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.