I don’t know about you but I wish CBS would bring back Gary McCord to the Masters as a commentator. I miss having him around with his dry sense of humor and witty sayings. It was always a pleasure though to listen to him talk about the golfers, the golf course and the state of the game. He relates well with the viewing audience.
It is still nice to hear his banter with the CBS team on other tournaments that are broadcast right now. It just seems so trifling for the Masters to hold a grudge for so long and for CBS to go along with it. We know what it is all about, money and prestige for being able to cover this event. You Have done it well for a number of years but where is your loyalty to your employees. Oh that’s right, there is none of that in the USA anymore.
I know I look forward to being able to watch the Masters every year. And now that they have moved the Player’s Championship to later in the year it really makes me antsy just thinking about it. And with the return of Tiger my golf juices are really flowing.
Being in the Mid-Atlantic state of Maryland, it does not lend itself to being out and about wacking that little white ball around. Now don’t get me wrong I am ready and wiling to be out there but it is much to cold. You may call me a wimp but I will have my time coming real soon.
If you are like me and enjoy just sitting around watching some good golf on the tube then I know you have heard McCord and his banter with David Feherty, how could you not want to have him back. Those two could be considered the Rowan and Martin of golf. For you young readers you will have to go back in time to check that out.
Now I know that McCord goes off and plays on the Senior’s Golf Tour during this time of year but I want him back at the Masters. Hey if I complain enough maybe they may ban me from writing about it. I don’t know is there a copyright I should be concerned about? Maybe you can only say nice things about that tournament. I better watch out and maybe if I get that chance for some tickets someday they may deny me entry to the hallowed grounds.
Hopefully I have struck a cord with you and while sitting watching the golf for the next few weeks or even during March Madness, had to get a plug in for that, you might feel the urge to hook up on the web and write your own column on this subject. Or maybe you might come from the other side and say that you are glad he is not there.
But, let this be the official start on my part to campaign for Mr. McCord to be reinstated to the Masters as a commentator. And ah by the way Masters your greens are not like bikini wax anymore. Whatever happen to that speed you were so famous for? It seems like the last few years that the greens have been rolling have been running at about 9-10 on the stemp meter. Better start applying that wax again.
So Masters officials, it has been 15 years since Gary McCord was pulled from your tournament as a commentator. Do you have enough balls to forgive and forget? I think not but I would love for you to prove me wrong. Bring back Gary McCord.
- Rascal Flatts singer Gary LeVox clarifies controversial comments about Nashville Christmas Day bombing
- How Dustin Johnson's speedy approach could help golf's pace of play
- Donald Trump awards Presidential Medal of Freedom to Annika Sorenstam, Gary Player and Babe Didrikson Zaharias
- Gary Anderson was left seething following his controversial clash with Mensur Suljovic
- PDC World Darts Championship, 2020/21: Gary Anderson faces Dirk van Duijvenbode for a place in the semi-finals
- PDC World Darts Championship, 2020/21: Gary Anderson remains on course for a third world title
- Coronavirus lockdown: Should golf courses be allowed to stay open?
- PDC World Darts Championship 2020/21: Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price renew their rivalry in Sunday's final
- Mel Reid and Georgia Hall among the big successes in ladies' golf in 2020
- Lame duck Trump hits golf course for FIFTH day as he slams 'total submission' to Big Tech after House overturns his defense bill veto in first override of his presidency - while his bid for $2,000 COVID checks hits skids
Bring Back Gary McCord to the Masters As a Golf Commentator have 763 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 1, 2009. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.