We get it: If we were running a wildly successful electric car company, we wouldn’t be chatting up the competition’s praises either.So it comes as no surprise that in an interview on ABC’s Nightline program, Elon Musk, the Tesla Motors founder and space taxi/solar power tycoon, wasn’t about to laud the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf, two cars which, in some ways, are competitors to his all-conquering Model S EV sedan.How does Mr. Musk see the popular hybrid and plug-in EV? As pretty average. While he doesn’t slam the cars as crap outright, he does call into question their performance and concepts, saying the Volt is an “amphibian” and “splits the baby” (ew!) between running on gas and electricity while the little Leaf is woefully short on range. Well, sure, compared to a $100,000, 250-mile range Model S Performance it is.Musk seems a bit mystified as to why someone would own either car, but that’s perhaps understandable considering he probably gets the purchase price of a Tesla wired to his slush fund in interest on his own fortune, like, every day.We love Elon Musk and all the brash, brassy and bold things he is doing. Rockets to Mars! Rocketship fast electric cars! Saving… Read full this story
- The Affordable Tesla: Elon Musk Unveils Tesla's Cheapest Electric Car – Model 3
- Tesla delivers on Elon Musk’s profit pledge
- Elon Musk and Tesla set to pay $40m in fines over infamous tweet
- Elon Musk says tweet which cost him £20m was 'worth it'
- Elon Musk tearfully claims Tesla can't review his tweets in bizarre interview
- Elon Musk wants to make supersonic vertical-takeoff electric jet but says his 'head would explode'
- Tesla has named the new chair of its board to replace Elon Musk
- Elon Musk was briefly locked out of his Twitter account
- Elon Musk: Tesla was within weeks of going bust this year over Model 3 production target
- Tesla appoints new chairman to replace Elon Musk as ordered by US regulators
Tesla’s Elon Musk on the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf: Meh have 342 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 30, 2013. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.