Disney XD and Lucasfilm’s animated series “Star Wars Rebels” just gets better and better. Taking place between “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope,” the series explores what happens to various new and old characters post Order 66.
And in the Season 1 finale this week, fans not only got to see Darth Vader, but also a beloved character from “The Clone Wars” animated series, which Disney cancelled before the debut of “Star Wars Rebels.”
We already know that one of the main characters of “Star Wars Rebels” — Kanan — is voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr., but now his wife and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” star Sarah Michelle Gellar has joined the cast as well.
Gellar posted a photo of herself and “Star Wars Rebels” executive producer Dave Filoni in the recording studio on her Instagram account Tuesday with the caption, “Anyone want to guess…” — which of course sent fans in a frenzy of wild speculation over what character she could be playing.
While I’m hoping for a Jedi Vampire Slayer, other fans chimed in the Instagram photo comments with hopes for a young Princess Leia.
“We’re thrilled to have Sarah Michelle Gellar on board for season two,” Filoni told the Hollywood Reporter. “She is a true ‘Star Wars Rebels’ fan and her passion undoubtedly comes through in the voice recording sessions.”
Even though we won’t see if Gellar swaps her wooden stake for a light saber until Season 2 of “Star Wars Rebels,” US fans can catch the animated series on Disney XD every Monday at 9 p.m. local time. (UK and Australian fans, check your local Disney XD website for the time and date of the episode.)
- New 'Star Wars Rebels' teaser has 'Force Awakens' lightsaber, Darth Vader, Leia and Yoda
- What four films define you? (No, really)
- Freddie Prinze Jr to play Punky Brewster ex in sequel... after dropping out of dad role in Nancy Drew series
- A Timeline of Everything We Know Happened After
- Macaulay Culkin dances with Lizzo during her LA concert
- Olivia Munn wows in a striped co-ord after nailing androgynous chic in a structured white suit as she steps out in New York
- A Handy Guide to All the
- Fall Movie Guide: 49 Horror, Sci-Fi, and Fantasy Movies to Look Out For
- io9's Guide to All the Movies You Give a Damn About in 2017
- All the Cozy New Comics Series to Settle in With This Fall
'Star Wars Rebels' recruits 'Buffy' star Sarah Michelle Gellar have 459 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 4, 2015. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.