At the premiere for the new Coen Brothers movie “Hail Caesar”, George Clooney wore his favorite get-up of late: the all-black suit with accompanying black turtleneck.
To the occasional passerby, this outfit may seem too one-dimensional – every single item, including the shoes, is black! They aren’t even different shades of gray, but a deep, black color.
Why does it this work? Look closely, and you’ll see where the mastery lies:
You see, Clooney has been doing this for a long time. And with that experience comes this wisdom: every guy looks sharp in black, especially a man with salt-and-pepper hair and Amal Clooney on his arm.
The all-black works because of the different fabrics and weaves used in the turtleneck sweater and suit, which breaks up the silhouette just enough so that Clooney doesn’t look like a blob of black. If he was wearing a black shirt and tie, it would be far too much the same.
Let’s take it from the top:
Clooney’s black turtleneck sweater is very trendy right now. This gives him a distinguished look without giving off the air that he dressed upunnecessarily.His pants are a little long for our taste, but they’re classic, and Clooney is nothing if not a classic. They match the jacket, and that’s what matters.The patent black shoes add a sheen to the entire outfit.
Paired with Amal’s white-and-red floral dress and silver heels, they seem to have won the red carpet of one the biggest movie openings of the year so far.
- George Clooney calls for hotel boycott over Brunei LGBT death penalty
- George Clooney: Why I spoke out for my friend Meghan
- George Clooney calls for hotels boycott over Brunei’s anti-LGBT laws
- George Clooney and family spend Easter break in Laois
- George Clooney and wife Amal make glam appearance in Edinburgh for People’s Postcode Lottery charity bash
- George Clooney reveals he is a HUGE prankster on Good Morning Britain and terrified his kids’ nanny with a ‘dirty nappy’
- George Clooney: Criticism of 'smart and kind' Duchess of Sussex is 'unfair'
- Sir Elton John backs George Clooney’s Brunei hotel boycott over anti-LGBT laws
- Royal baby's secret link to George Clooney revealed
- George Clooney and Amal are in Edinburgh today