Mission Chinese Food’s kung pao pastrami burrito. Mission Chinese Food’s kung pao pastrami burrito. Photo: Liz Hafalia, The Chronicle Buy photo Photo: Liz Hafalia, The Chronicle Image 1 of / 14 Caption Close Image 1 of 14 Mission Chinese Food’s kung pao pastrami burrito. Mission Chinese Food’s kung pao pastrami burrito. Photo: Liz Hafalia, The Chronicle Buy photo San Francisco’s wildest burritos: Beyond the California-Mexican Mission style 1 / 14 Back to Gallery It certainly looks like a Mission burrito: a tight cylinder with heft encased in foil that would be folly to unpeel all the way. It tastes like a burrito, each bite a perfect medley of ingredients, with flecks of grilled meat mingling with pinto beans, rice and pico de gallo inside a stretchy flour tortilla. It’s good at lunch; it would be better at 1 a.m. as a savory line of defense from the coming morning. But the meat in question is sisig, a citrusy Filipino pork, and the rice is garlic, not Spanish. So here’s a question: Can this creation from Filipino fusion truck Señor Sisig rightfully call itself a burrito? And for that matter, do the dozen other non-Mexican burritos in the city deserve the… Read full this story
- Giants’ hopes of training in San Francisco boosted by new city order
- Burritos, remixed: When a San Francisco classic gets a new look
- San Francisco sanctions once-shunned homeless encampments
- San Francisco to open 3 new COVID-19 testing locations this week; Oakland adds one
- San Francisco restaurants say they're losing money by staying open for takeout
- Will Oakland and San Francisco permit sidewalk use for open-air dining?
- San Francisco, Oakland Among School Districts Warning Budget Cuts Will Delay Reopening
- Fire destroys warehouse on San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf
- Local's guide to San Francisco's coolest neighbourhoods
- San Francisco: talking ‘bout a permanent revolution
San Francisco's wildest burritos: Beyond the California-Mexican Mission style have 307 words, post on www.sfgate.com at July 12, 2016. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.