Now that Holy Week is upon us, we can again expect Filipinos to travel en masse to anywhere but the major cities in Metro Manila. Many will head back to their home provinces to observe this very important Catholic tradition, while others will take advantage of the long weekend to get some summer R&R. Some will be heading to the beautiful vacation places in our own country and some others will probably be traveling to other tourist destinations abroad. But wherever people may want to go, one thing is for sure, most, if not all, will bring their most important travel companion: the smartphone. It’s a long trip and you can’t sleep? Use your smartphone to stream movies and music. Need to get to the airport but having trouble getting a taxi? Use your smartphone and book an Uber or a GrabCar. Need to check in for your flight? Use your smartphone. Need directions to where you’re going? Use your smartphone. Need to know the best place to hang out at night while in Boracay? Wait, do you have a smartphone? Forgot to pay your credit card and you’re already in Singapore? Yup, you got it—use your smartphone. The mobile… Read full this story
- ‘5G for enterprise’ and ‘5G for telcos’ are going to be equally important: TechM's CP Gurnani
- Edited Transcript of KPN.AS earnings conference call or presentation 25-Oct-19 11:00am GMT
- Swift digital revolution drives Vietnam’s economic growth
- Edited Transcript of CMCSA earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- Is Bigger Better?
- Fast Forward: Super Computing With Lenovo's Brian Connors
The role of telcos in the changing mobility landscape have 279 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at April 9, 2017. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.