This essay is part of a column called The Wisdom Project by David Allan, editorial director of CNN Health and Wellness. The series is on applying to one’s life the wisdom and philosophy found everywhere, from ancient texts to pop culture. You can follow David at @davidgallan. Don’t miss another Wisdom Project column; subscribe here. (CNN)”What is the meaning of life?” It’s one of those enormous questions that’s so important — both philosophically and practically, in terms of how we live our lives — and yet we rarely, if ever, stop to really think about the answer. Given that you might be able to formulate your response in less than a minute, the wisdom-to-effort ratio for this philosophical exercise could not be more advantageous. And having an answer may even improve your health and help you live longer. A new study published Tuesday in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry examined the relationship between our physical and mental well-being and the search for, or presence of, purpose in life. Read More After studying 1,300 subjects from ages 21 to more than 100, the authors found that older people were more likely to have found their life’s purpose, while younger people were… Read full this story
- KCCI gives 'hue and cry' notice to govt, asks it to end bloodshed
- Dating after cancer means showing up with 'Fill,' the bag that collects my waste
- Ask Amy: Wife wonders if she should leave 'boring' marriage
- Ask Amy: This guy on Tinder says it’s OK that I’m 17. Should I go for it?
- Seven ways for Meghan to cope with that mad family (and I don’t mean the Markles)
- The city ‘take-over’ averted, there’s still concern about what happens next
- What does a show about Soviet spies living in America tell us about parenting? Everything.
- What really happens in Schrödinger’s box? – Adrian Kent
- Meghan Markle to join a small group of U.S. senior royals
- What is beauty if not a jolt that awakens us to the world? – Shahidha Bari
Asking yourself 'What's the meaning of life?' may extend it have 348 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 31, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.