One problem with self-driving cars is people.The Los Angeles Times reports that of six crash reports filed in California so far this year, two involved a person attacking a robot car.Both incidents happened in San Francisco, according to Department of Motor Vehicles records.On Jan. 2, a vehicle operated by General Motors’ Cruise driverless car division was waiting at a green light for pedestrians to cross when a shouting man ran across the street against the do-not-walk signal and struck its bumper and hatch, damaging a taillight. Advertisement – Continue Reading Below The car was in autonomous mode but a driver was behind the wheel.On Jan. 28, another GM autonomous vehicle with a human driving had stopped behind a taxi when the taxi driver got out and slapped the front passenger-side window.
- US politicians demand UK is BANNED from sharing intelligence after Boris Johnson hands Chinese tech giant Huawei a 'limited' role in new 5G network despite security fears
- This Cartoonist Predicted Everything from Uber to Google Glass Back in, Like, 1991
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warns Huawei's 5G role is a 'real risk' as he arrives in the UK amid bitter row over Chinese firm - with Boris Johnson facing first Tory mutiny in Commons
- George Soros slams Google, Facebook, says they're a 'menace' to society
- Europe’s top tech news, December 2015
- Life is going to turn very nasty if we can’t solve the growth puzzle
People Are Attacking Driverless Cars have 248 words, post on www.popularmechanics.com at March 9, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.