|A MoU for co-operation to develop HCM City’s tourism start-up eco-system being signed by the city Department of Tourism and Department of Science and Technology on April 14. — VNS Photo Ngọc Diệp|
HCM CITY — The HCM City Innovative Startups in Tourism competition kicked off on Saturday.
The annual competition is organised by the Departments of Science and Technology and Tourism and is part of the city’s plans to develop a start-up eco-system in the tourism sector over the next two years.
Bùi Tá Hoàng Vũ, director of the tourism department, said: “Innovation and improvements are required in the tourism industry to adapt to the higher demands and market trends.”
He said the competition would create a great opportunity for the tourism sector to get creative ideas, new tourism products and innovative solutions.
It would also help nourish tourism start-ups, he said.
The competition comprises four rounds: preliminary, competition, acceleration and training, and the final.
Start-ups with innovative solutions, products, technologies and others appropriate for the city’s tourism needs would be chosen.
Twenty finalists will take part in a training programme to refine their products and business models before the finals in October.
There are five top prizes on offer, each worth financial assistance of VNĐ2 billion (US$87,790) to develop the projects.
Individuals and organisations can register until July 15 to take part in the competition at goo.gl/DNdBv9.
More information is available at event.sihub.info/hist/index.php.
The two departments have also signed a MoU for co-operation to develop the tourism start-up eco- system.
Nguyễn Việt Dũng, director of the Department of Science and Technology, said: “HCM City aims to become a creative and innovative start-up eco-system at the regional and global levels.”
To achieve this target, it is necessary to attract greater attention from the international community and global firms, he added. — VNS
- Man City will start from scratch next season, says Guardiola
- HCM City steps up inspections of fake, smuggled goods
- HCM City cracks the whip to speed up public spending
- The 10 Best (and Worst) Cities for Starting a Business
- A small City in Thailand: Honda begins sales of its revamped subcompact sedan
- The 10 Best (and Worst) Cities to Start a Career
- Priced: 2015 Chevrolet City Express Starts at $22,950
- Honda City CVT Start-Up Clutch Position Memory
- Man City do face a ban from Champions League, warns Uefa FFP chief
- 'Unstoppable' Mendy can give City something extra in title race: Guardiola