In context: A 10 percent Goods and Services Tax applies to consumer goods worth less than $1,000 (AUD) ordered online and imported to Australia beginning July 1. To remain compliant with local laws, Amazon is focusing on a dedicated Australian marketplace that is not subject to new additional taxes. Amazon is about to start blocking Australian users by geofencing Amazon.com. Any users found to be from Australia will be redirected to a regional website. While this may not be an issue for everyone, US consumers have access to nearly ten times the number of products. Pricing is also a problem for Amazon’s Australian site. By comparison, goods listed on the regional site are not price-competitive and have not been since the localized version began accepting orders in December. One of the main beneficiaries of the new tax law could be eBay. Although it is based in California, local sellers would be able to use the platform to buy and sell goods domestically without worry of additional taxes. International sellers will be able to have appropriate taxes automatically applied to orders. Smaller Australian merchants have been campaigning for this protective tax change so that they can more easily compete against overseas… Read full this story
- Australian Federal Budget - Tax Changes
- Electric vehicle startup Rivian gets a jolt from big Amazon.com van order
- Tax Changes - Australian Research and Development Incentive
- Tax Changes - What Did Congress Do Now?
- Tax Changes - Australian Non-Commercial Loss Provisions
- Arizona Payroll Software - Income Tax Changes
- News24.com | Manuel Chang extradition: Foundation tells court why it believes Lamola is correct to ask for review
- News24.com | Manuel Chang extradition: Former justice minister complied with the law, court hears
- Your Money: Charitable granting soars even as tax changes transform giving
- Understanding the Amazon Tax
Australians to be blocked from Amazon.com due to tax changes have 303 words, post on www.techspot.com at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.