0 Have your say As Meghan Markle is being shoehorned into her hand-stitched designer wedding gown and her soon-to-be husband is grooming his carefully cultivated facial hair and donning his military attire, a sleepy hamlet in East Lothian will be busy making preparations of their own for the big Royal wedding day. Tucked away from the busy A1 and nestling in rolling hills lies Markle, population around 100. Accessed via a perfectly manicured tree-lined avenue flanked by beech hedges and wild flowers, and over a white-painted railway crossing, the collection of houses that make up the tiny village are adorned with rambling roses and ivy.The area is steeped in history with the ruins of Markle Castle standing just quarter of a mile away. The keep, perched on a rocky outcrop, was built on an ancient site where the king of the Picts Angus defeated the invading King Athel and his army of Saxons in 832 AD. Legend has it that Angus prayed on the outcome of the battle and was rewarded by a vision of a cloud formation of a saltire against a blue sky. The Scots won and the national flag was born as was the name of the… Read full this story
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Announce Their Royal Wedding Cake Flavor — and It’s Floral!
- Meghan Markle’s uncle says he could have walked her down the aisle as he reveals distress over Royal Wedding ‘snub’
- Royal Wedding rings – who designed Meghan’s band, how much did they cost and is Prince Harry going to wear his?
- The dress code for the Royal Wedding
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Post-Royal Plans Revealed
- What is Meghan Markle’s title following the Royal Wedding and did marrying Prince Harry make her a princess?
- Afghanistan veteran and Invictus Games gold medallist hails ‘incredible’ invite to entire Royal Wedding after meeting Prince Harry just four years ago
- A Magic Carriage Ride! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Have Chosen Their Wedding Day Transportation
- Meghan Markle's 'axed' employee had key role at Royal Wedding and became 'mystery woman'
- Royal Wedding Alert! Princess Beatrice’s Wedding Date and Reception Details Revealed
East Lothian village called ‘Markle’ prepares to celebrate Royal wedding have 363 words, post on www.scotsman.com at May 18, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.