INSTAGRAM has revealed it now has over one billion users around the world. It’s a major milestone for the photo-sharing social network, which is only seven years old. The big news was announced during a surprise press event in the US today. Instagram used the occasion to talk up its huge growth in recent months. Only in September 2017 was Instagram reporting that it had 800million users. That means it’s added an additional 200million users in just under a year. It also means Instagram has doubled its total user count since June 2016, when just 500million people used the app. Instagram is now the fourth Facebook-owned app to break the one-billion barrier. It joins the official Facebook app, as well as Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. This puts pressure on rival social networks Twitter (with 336million users) and Snapchat (believed to have somewhere north of 300million users). Instagram’s userbase over the years revealedHere’s when Instagram broke major total user milestones… October 2010 – Instagram launched December 2010 – 1million June 2011 – 5million September 2011 – 10million April 2012 – 30million July 2012 – 80million February 2013 – 100million June 2013 – 130million September 2013 – 150million December 2014 – 300million… Read full this story
- Facebook on track to hit 2 billion users this year, analyst predicts
- Status update: Facebook has 2 billion users. Can it reach 3 billion?
- Instagram angers users with policy change that will allow the Facebook-owned company to sell shared photos
- Facebook Messenger now reaches 1.2 billion users
- Facebook Messenger tops 1 billion users
- Facebook hits 1 billion users, says Mark Zuckerberg, will charge to ‘promote’ user posts
- Facebook Groups reaches 1 billion users
- Instagram gives users peek at what its integrated ads will look like
- Organ donation centers see spike in volunteer donors after Facebook unveils 'life-saving' initiative
- Remember chat bots? Facebook plans to double down after disappointing start
Instagram now has a BILLION users as Facebook’s grip on your life tightens have 292 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 20, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.