North Jersey Record
Published 10:53 AM EDT Oct 5, 2018
The Cleveland Indians visit the Houston Astros Friday in the first game of their American League Division Series.
The Indians will have Corey Kluber on the mound, opposed by the Astros’ Justin Verlander for the 2:05 Eastern start in Houston (TV: TBS).
BOTTOM LINE: The Houston Astros will host the Cleveland Indians in Game 1 of the ALDS on Friday. Houston gives up 1.9 runs per game when Verlander starts. The Indians have gone 21-12 in Kluber’s starts this year. Cleveland is hitting .259 as a team this year, Michael Brantley’s mark of .309 leads the team. Jose Ramirez helped the Indians earn a 10-9 win when these two teams last met on May 27. He went 2-for-6 with two RBIs.
TOP PERFORMERS: Ramirez is batting .274 with a .377 on-base percentage and .559 slugging percentage in 156 games this season for the Indians. Francisco Lindor has 10 hits and is batting .222 over his past 10 games for Cleveland. Alex Bregman has 31 home runs and 103 RBIs in 156 games for the Astros. Yuli Gurriel has three home runs and 11 RBIs while slugging .707 over his past 10 games for Houston.
LINEUPS: Here are the Game 1 lineups announce Friday morning (Check back for the Indians’ official lineup:
- MLB clears Houston Astros after sign-stealing accusations
- Houston Astros, Gerrit Cole shut down Cleveland for 2-0 ALDS lead
- Houston Astros shortstop Carlos Correa admits to lower back problems
- Astros sweep Indians to reach AL Championship Series
- Red Sox advance to the World Series after taking down the Astros
- Chief Wahoo logo officially retired after Cleveland is eliminated
- Blue Jays open Cleveland series with a bang
- Astros launch title defence with four homers to beat Cleveland
- Astros ace Justin Verlander blasts through Yankees’ big bats
- Rangers’ Bartolo Colon flirts with perfect game at 44
Cleveland Indians, Houston Astros announce Friday ALDS Game 1 lineups have 283 words, post on eu.northjersey.com at October 5, 2018. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.