Most of us think of maps simply as an aid to get from Point A to Point B. Or as something which we had to pay attention to in geography class and forget forever after that. But to web designers, maps can mean much more. Designers can add maps to WordPress in many imaginative ways to make striking websites. Maps have crossed over from being boring drawings in your geography class to being part of fun and interactive aids. Maps can be searched, sorted and filtered. Geolocation, street views, tooltips, popups, directions and cluster marking are all helpful in adding features to your website. Google Maps is widely used on the web and, by itself, it comes chock filled with features. Even so, instead of downloading Google Maps and adding it to your website as such, you could customize it to benefit your visitors. There are external resources like Snazzy Maps that you can turn to for styling the maps. You can also use any other map you like. Many plugins are available for WordPress websites to add value to Google maps. Some of them are referred to in this article to demonstrate the possible ways in which maps can add value to your website. To know… Read full this story
- Astronomers to Use Radio Telescopes to Map Our Entire Galaxy
- 20 incredibly useful things you didn’t know Google Maps could do
- Google shuts off Map Maker after urinating robot ruins it for everybody
- How to use Google Maps without internet connection, and 6 other tips
- 14 Google Maps tips and tricks
- Star Trek: Picard: Easter Eggs and References in Episode 2, "Maps and Legends"
- Tech companies are ignoring pleas to add railroad crossings to digital maps
- A road map for robust trade ties
- The new, more detailed Apple Maps is now available across the U.S.
- Google Maps adds plug type filter for EV charging stations
Imaginative Ways To Add Maps to WordPress have 321 words, post on www.wpexplorer.com at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.