Barclays values German units at €200m in Brexit move to Dublin Independent.ie Barclays’ German credit card business and its German corporate investment bank unit have been valued at a total of €200m, after it completed the transfer of the divisions to its Irish arm as part of its Brexit battle plan. https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/barclays-values-german-units-at-200m-in-brexit-move-to-dublin-37671036.html https://www.independent.ie/business/article37671035.ece/3109b/AUTOCROP/h342/2019-01-01_bus_46878986_I1.JPG Email Barclays’ German credit card business and its German corporate investment bank unit have been valued at a total of €200m, after it completed the transfer of the divisions to its Irish arm as part of its Brexit battle plan. Barclays, whose CEO is Jes Staley, told investors during the summer that it planned to move ownership of all its European branches to Dublin, where the institution has a long-established presence. Barclays is moving ownership of its German, French and Spanish branches to Ireland before the UK leaves the European Union in March. The move is likely to see Barclays shift a total of about €250bn in assets to its Irish unit, which will make the Dublin-based bank the largest by assets in Ireland. New filings at the Companies Registration Office in Ireland show that the transfer of the German business units was completed this month. The… Read full this story
- Map of landmines - How Brexit might help the Scottish independence quest
- UK’s Johnson unveils legislative plan to end Brexit deadlock
- After EU poll disaster, Britain's main parties gird for no-deal Brexit battle
- Brexit deal could be done in 'next few days', top Conservative says
- Has the Brexit vote saved London tenants £1,800 pa in rent?
- One telling image: in a Brussels corridor, the EU takes back control of Brexit
- The Latest: Hungarian leader: ‘gloomy Sunday’ due to Brexit
- German minister: Coronavirus crisis won't make Brexit easier
- Theresa May faces confidence vote after Brexit humiliation
- UK, EU Look to Get Brexit Decided As Wide-Ranging Video Talks Begin on Monday
Barclays values German units at €200m in Brexit move to Dublin have 340 words, post on www.independent.ie at December 31, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.