The second ‘Day of Pho’ (December 12), an event held by Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper in celebration of the iconic Vietnamese cuisine that has won over diners worldwide, will be organized next week in Hanoi, the delicacy’s widely accepted ‘birthplace.’ Following the success of the inaugural Pho Day 2017 in Ho Chi Minh City, Tuoi Tre and Japanese instant noodle producer Acecook are taking the event on the road to the AEON Mall supermarket in the Vietnamese capital city’s Long Bien District on December 12. This year’s event, themed “Honoring Vietnamese Flavor – Journey to the Old Pho,” will feature a gallery presenting a brief look at the dish’s 100-year history, its spread throughout Vietnam and the world, and its modern variations, according to Do Van Dung, deputy editor-in-chief of Tuoi Tre. Visitors to the celebration will be treated to free pho tastings from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm on December 12. In addition, an awards ceremony to recognize contributions toward the development of ‘Day of Pho’ and the outstanding entries in the ‘Ky uc ve Pho’ (Memories of Pho) writing competition organized by Tuoi Tre will also be held in conjunction with the event. Over 3,000… Read full this story
- 'I'm Going to Kill Everyone': Plane Passenger Who Tried to Open Emergency Exit Fined $106,000 for Mid-air Rampage
- 'Crazed' passenger rips plane's emergency exit door from its hinges moments before take-off, releasing the inflatable slide
- '90 Day Fiance' Star Paul Staehle Had Visa Denied Over Terrorism Charges
- Pope Francis leads Holy Mass in Rome a day after Italian friend accused him of 'denying the physical resurrection of Christ'
- Labor Day Parade Held in Moscow With Thousands of Participants
- 'It's not the flu': Wendy Williams gives fans health update after cancelling the week's remaining shows adding she feels 'awful'
- Chef unveils ingredients in Ho Chi Minh City’s famous $50 bowl of pho
- Hanoi exhibition displays fine art from across Asia
- Charter flights: a new hot trend for Vietnamese tourism
- First Palestinian culture-cuisine day held in Hanoi
Lifestyle ‘Day of Pho’ to be held in Hanoi next week Vietnamese airline denies adding seats next to emergency exits have 338 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.