Hickman had three players in double digits and senior Jarvis Jennings led all scorers with 20 points, but the Kewpies fell to Park Hill 65-57 Friday in the fifth-place game of the C.W. Stessman Tournament in Liberty, Missouri.
The Trojans jumped out to a 17-7 lead in the first quarter, and after that, Park Hill didn’t look back. Sophomore Nyk Bryant had six points in the quarter and finished with 10. Bryant was one of four Trojans in double figures against Hickman.
It was a sluggish start for Hickman. Shots weren’t falling and Park Hill was capitalizing in transition.
“Park Hill did a great job of doing what we do,” coach Cray Logan said. “Anytime we missed a shot, they caught the ball. They pushed it as fast as they could to the other end and attacked the basket.”
Jennings brought the Kewpies within three points before halftime. However, Park Hill maintained its lead for the rest of the game.
Hickman finished the tournament 1-2 and fell to 7-9 on the season.
The Kewpies haven’t always gotten the results they were looking for, but 16 games into the season Logan is excited about what he’s seen thus far.
“I know that I have the right program and the right guys,” Logan said. “I told them that in the locker room after the loss… I have a lot of confidence in the guys that are here.”
The Kewpies continue play Tuesday, when Hickman travels to face Helias.
Supervising editor is Theo DeRosa.
- NFL Plus streaming has live games for $4.99 per month — but not on your TV
- CWG 2022: When Walking Would Suffice, Avinash Sable Ran
- PV Sindhu one step away from winning maiden gold, Lakshya Sen too makes singles final
- What time is the Love Island 2022 final?
- 5G to bring new apps ranging from Smart ambulance to mixed reality tryouts for shoppers
- Ji Han-sol wins Jeju Samdasoo Masters with big comeback
- Mason Greenwood is still impacting Man Utd transfer plans ahead of Brighton clash
- 'It was chaos': Witness describes moments after girl, 11, went missing at Liquid Leisure water park
- Inside Operation Grouper: the DEA’s War on Marijuana Smuggling
- Learjets, Mistresses, and Bales of Weed: My Dad’s Life as a Drug Kingpin
Hickman falls short in fifth-place game have 365 words, post on www.columbiamissourian.com at January 17, 2019. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.