As Meghan Markle and Prince Harry officially split their royal household from Prince William and Kate Middleton, they also have hired a big gun to help manage their P.R.: Sara Latham, a former senior adviser for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
Latham, who has joint U.S. and U.K. citizenship, also worked in Bill Clinton’s White House and for Barack Obama’s transition team, according to royal reporter Omid Scobie. For the past year, Latham has been working at Freuds, a top London-based public relations firm, Vanity Fair reported. Freuds’ CEO last year praised Latham for offering “unrivaled experience as an adviser at the very highest levels.”
In her duties for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Latham is expected to bring a new level of professionalism and 21st-century communications savvy to the royal family, according to Vanity Fair.
It is probably no surprise that this move is partly led by Meghan. Since marrying Harry, the U.S.-born former TV actress is credited with infusing the 1,000-year-old monarchy with a refreshing dose of style and relatability. Mom-to-be Meghan has done this by gracefully stepping into her royal role while also becoming one of the most famous and photographed women on the planet.
The hiring of Latham also comes as William and Harry mostly go their separate ways. William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will maintain their household at Kensington Palace, where they also live. The household is where their staff and working office is based.
Meanwhile, Meghan and Harry will relocate their household to Buckingham Palace, where Queen Elizabeth also has her offices. At the same time, Meghan and Harry are moving where they live from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage at Windsor Castle.
For the past several months, rumors have swirled that the brothers were establishing their own households because of a rift between them, or because their wives don’t get along.
But new reports say there always has been a longterm plan for William and Harry to have their own households, especially as William acquires duties that go along with him one day becoming the Prince of Wales and then king.
Town and Country reported that the queen has given her approval to the brothers splitting up their households.
The official announcement from Buckingham Palace reads: “The Queen has agreed to the creation of a new Household for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, following their marriage in May last year. The Household, which will be created with the support of The Queen and The Prince of Wales, will be established in the spring.”
The statement continues: “This long-planned move will ensure that permanent support arrangements for The Duke and Duchess’s work are in place as they start their family and move to their official residence at Frogmore Cottage.”
Town and Country added that Meghan has no more public appearances planned before her baby is born sometime next month. However, she will be working behind the scenes for the next few months.
- Meghan Markle baby documentary: Palace releases statement
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's brand 'bigger' than Royal Family
- Palace still 'doing their best' to undermine Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, book claims
- Meghan Markle fury: Duchess and Harry 'stiffened resolve of Queen' amid Megixt row
- Meghan Markle proud of queen photo with first biracial grandchild Archie
- Meghan Markle latest news: Harry & Meg ‘want Queen to meet Lillibet’ in weeks as Her Majesty considers Christmas invite
- Meghan Markle latest news: Prince Harry & Meg ‘request for Queen to meet Lillibet in UK’ despite Xmas snub last year
- Meghan Markle latest news: Prince Harry & Duchess ‘request meeting with the Queen’ leaving palace aides ‘in shock’
- Meghan Markle latest news: Meg and Harry’s invitation to a Royal Christmas ‘still being discussed’ despite 2019 snub
- Meghan Markle's ‘toe-curling and cringeworthy’ video savaged as Palace forced to intervene
Former Hillary Clinton adviser joins Meghan Markle’s new Buckingham Palace staff have 662 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at March 15, 2019. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.