NBA player Stephen Curry’s wife Ayesha Curry fired back at Instagram commenters yesterday.
The 30-year-old mother-of-three posted celebratory photos after her husband’s team, the Golden State Warriors, won the NBA Western Conference.
But the comments on the post took a rude turn after one fan asked if she was pregnant — and another suggested she put her ten-month-old baby on a diet.
A cute little chunker! Ayesha Curry’s youngest son, 10-month-old Canon, is a big baby
Go team! On Tuesday, she posted a picture celebrating her husband Steph Curry’s big win
Nope! The post prompted a fan to ask if she was pregnant. Ayesha said ‘absolutely not’ and that she was jutting out her hip because her heavy son was ‘breaking her back’ in the picture
In the main photo of the post, Steph and Ayesha can be seen on the edge of a large group, smiling for the camera.
Ayesha is holding her youngest son, Canon, and has her hip jutted out to support his weight. She’s dressed gold-colored pants, a blue top, and white booties.
Most of the comments were from fans congratulating them, but one person chimed in with what critics are calling a rude and nosy question.
‘Are you pregnant again?????’ he wrote.
Ayesha responded immediately, writing: ‘Absolutely not LOL. My 30-lb. son is just breaking my back in every photo.’
While several other commenters were quick to reassure her that she didn’t look pregnant — and tell off the commenter who asked about it — some couldn’t resist saying something about Canon’s size.
’30lbs at 10months?? Sheesh,’ wrote one.
‘Wow 30 lbs?!?!? He’s bigger than my 19-month-old nephew,’ wrote another.
Big baby: That comment, in turn, led a few commenters to make rude remarks about Canon’s weight and health
Impressed: Some seemed to simply be calling him a big baby without meaning any harm
Sheesh: Others were a bit more blunt about thinking Canon is too big
Excuse you? But one commenter — who has since deleted the comment — suggested Ayesha practice ‘portion control’ with Canon, and Ayesha fired back
Hungry: Others went on to criticize the commenter who suggested a diet for a baby
Lookin’ good! Ayesha, pictured in March, was also reassured that she didn’t look pregnant
But finally, one commenter went too far.
‘Maybe portion-control his food a bit,’ the commenter wrote, according to Yahoo.
The comment has since been deleted, no doubt because the person who made it was getting attacked — but not before Ayesha could fire back.
‘Excuse you?’ she wrote. ‘No. Just no.’
Although Canon is big for a baby of his age, there is no suggestion that he is anything other than a healthy, happy boy. According to What To Expect, there are a wide number of factors that can affect a baby’s weight in the first year of his life, from gender to race.
Boy babies are naturally larger than girls, while younger siblings tend to weigh more at birth than their mother’s first child.
However none of this information seems to have been taken into account by the commenters on Ayesha’s Instagram.
Unfortunately, this being social media, it’s not the first time that the WAG and cookbook author has come up against mommy-shamers on Instagram.
Going the distance: She and Golden State Warriors star Steph have been married since 2011
Such a cutite! Canon, their youngest, is adorably chubby at just under a year old
Love: The family is beloved not just for Stephen’s skills on the court but how cute and accessible they are
Sweet: They also have a six-year-old daughter named Riley and a three-year-old daughter named Ryan
In November, she shared a video of herself with her six-year-old daughter Riley, and one commenter had something rude to say.
‘Lawwd have mercy, whyyy don’t you know how to brush them girls’ hair??? Drives me nuts!!! Still a love you, but [expletive] Ayesha,’ she wrote.
Ayesha fired back: ‘I don’t make moments happen for Instagram. Moments happen and I sometimes share. I’m not going to doll my children up for perception or anyone’s approval on here.
‘If that’s what you want to see then this is not the page for you. Real life over here.’
The latest online controversy comes just says after Ayesha opened up about dealing with postpartum depression following the birth of her daughter Ryan in 2015, revealing that she made a ‘rash decision’ to get a boob job after welcoming her child.
‘I didn’t realize at the time, but after having Ryan, I was battling a bit of postpartum that lingered for a while,’ she told Working Mother. ‘It came in the form of me being depressed about my body.’
The mother-of-three went on to describe the procedure as the ‘most botched boob job on the face of the planet’, and admitted that the final result was much bigger than she had wanted.
- Ayesha Curry melts hearts with adorable video of son, 2 – and fans can't cope!
- Nikki Bella feels there is too much pressure on women to lose weight after welcoming a baby as critics have called her 'still big': 'It messes with you'
- 'Liquid gold!' Candid Ashley Graham shares snap of herself pumping breast milk for her son Isaac, 11 months
- Chrissy Teigen calls Twitter user a 'piece of s**t' for criticizing Meghan Markle's miscarriage essay but she later deletes the tweet claiming she is 'trying to be nicer'
- Pregnant Ashley James hits back at criticism for not putting a cot in her baby's room... as star reveals she resorted to napping in her bath due to hip and pelvic pains
- Dad-to-be Iain Stirling cuts a low-key figure as he is spotted for the first time since his secret wedding and baby announcement with Laura Whitmore
- Robin Thicke writes emotional tribute to late father Alan Thicke after welcoming son
- Prince Andrew breaks cover: Royal is spotted on horseback as explosive dossier blows hole in Pizza Express excuse and shows he had a manicure booked on day Virginia Roberts claims she slept with him
- Meghan and Harry latest: Prince attempts to broker extension to 12-month Megxit deal
- Lizzo boasts ‘I’m still fat but love my body’ in nude photos after getting slammed for doing 10-day smoothie detox
'Excuse you?' Ayesha Curry fires back at Instagram user who body-shamed her 30lb. 10-MONTH-OLD son Canon and told her to put the baby on a DIET have 1071 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.