Hunter Biden, son of Democratic presidential candidate Joseph R. Biden, agreed Monday to undergo a DNA test in an Arkansas paternity case, according to court documents.
Lunden Alexis Roberts claimed in May that Hunter Biden “verbally admitted” to her he was the father of her 14-month-old child despite denying it “to the media and the court,” according to Independence County, Arkansas, court records reviewed by Courthouse News Service.
The child — identified as “Baby Doe” — was born in August 2018. Court records didn’t identify the sex of the child.
Attorneys for Hunter Biden, 49, said they were working to submit the test by Nov. 1 and “are currently discussing protocol and procedure for administering the paternity test” with the child’s mother.
Ms. Roberts said she met Hunter Biden while she was at George Washington University as a graduate student.
Hunter Biden said the paternity proceedings have been delayed because he allegedly wasn’t summoned or handed a lawsuit at his West Hollywood, California, apartment where he lives with his wife, South African filmmaker Melissa Cohen Biden, of five months. He was married within a week of meeting her.
Hunter Biden’s $600,000-a-year job on the board of a Ukraine natural gas company is also at the center of the House Democrats impeachment inquiry. Mr. Trump is accused of abusing his office when he asked Ukraine’s president to investigate the former U.S. vice president and his son.
• S.A. Miller and Seth McLaughlin contributed to this report.
Sign up for Daily Newsletters
- Sigrid Johnson Was Black. A DNA Test Said She Wasn’t.
- How Grief Became Joe Biden’s ‘Superpower’
- DNA Just Led To A Major Break In A Murder Case That's Stumped Police For 27 Years
- Scientists in China Claim First Gene-Edited Babies
- Chinese researcher claims first gene-edited babiesYou may also be interested in...
- High-adrenaline bounty-hunter industry operates with little oversight, despite concerns over training, tactics
- Lax state laws allow armed bounty hunters — some with criminal records — to injure and kill
- First gene-edited babies claimed in China; risky practice still banned in US
- 2 pre-filed bills traced to 2 men outside Arkansas; while topics seen as admirable, methods, legalities less so
- Las Vegas Police Want Cristiano Ronaldo DNA Sample For 2009 'Rape' Case Probe
Hunter Biden agrees to provide DNA in Arkansas paternity claim have 365 words, post on www.washingtontimes.com at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.