Viet Nam and Laos issued a joint statement in Vientiane on Thursday, during the visit to Laos by General Secretary Nong Duc Manh of the Communist Party of Viet Nam, confirming their determination to maintain and promote the special solidarity and faithful relations between the two parties, states and peoples.
Following is an excerpt of the joint statement:
“The two sides agreed to enhance the Viet Nam-Laos comprehensive cooperation on the basis of upholding the spirit of independence, sovereignty and self-reliance, take advantage of each country in the principle of equality and mutual benefits, give appropriate priorities and preferences to each other in harmony with the special ties between Viet Nam and Laos, and constantly improve the quality and efficiency of cooperation for the benefit of people of both countries and for peace, national independence, democracy and social progress”.
On the same day, Mr. Nong Duc Manh and Vietnamese senior delegates visited Vientiane province, the western gate to Vientiane capital city, where they were warmly welcomed by Lao Party leaders and people.
- Contactless payment could be next big thing in Viet Nam: experts
- Viet Nam’s first female billionaire inspires younger generations to reach for the stars
- China, Nepal pledge to elevate partnership: joint statement
- Contactless payment could be next big thing in Việt Nam: experts
- Việt Nam in Group B with Thailand at SEA Games 2019
- Việt Nam needs sustainable e-commerce development
- Việt Nam takes UN’s human rights recommendations seriously : diplomat
- Việt Nam’s high-ranking military delegation visits EU
- Việt Nam enters home stretch in fight against dollarisation
- Referee named for Indonesia vs Việt Nam match
Viet Nam, Laos Issue Joint Statement have 266 words, post on at October 13, 2006. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.