The flight, 6E-1751 took off after 1am Friday from Chennai for Kuwait City. “Soon after getting airborne, pilots got cargo smoke warning on the aircraft (VT-IJJ) which had over 160people on board. They declared full emergency and landed back safely in Chennai within minutes of taking off off from there,” said a senior official probing this incident.
After landing inspection of the aircraft revealed that the fire alam was a false one. “Upon arrival no evidence of smoke was found and only passenger baggage was loaded in the aft cargo. Two smoke detectors were found to be faulty during troubleshooting. The aircraft is grounded in Chennai, awaiting arrival of spares from Delhi,” added the official.
Comments from IndiGo have been sought and are awaited.
Four flights of IndiGo have returned to their origin city after take off, called air turn back, due to engine snags since last week.
- Wot I Think: Assassin’s Creed Origins
- Dark Souls' most famous city is as beautiful as it is deadly
- Assassin’s Creed Origins is a world of delicate details
- Civilization 6 on iPhone is a near-perfect port of the original PC game
- The Flare Path: FSX is not the end
- The best Kerbal Space Program mods
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Review – London Calling
- We speak to Denuvo, whose Anti-Tamper Tech may have left piracy dead in the water
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas Interview -- Producer Talks Star Fox Crossover, Mission Structure, and More
- Three great games that were held back by bugs and technical issues
Now, false cargo fire alarm sends IndiGo flight back to origin city after take off have 375 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.