YARDLEY, Pa. (CBS) — Most restaurants offer different menus throughout the day. One place in Yardley doesn’t just change up their menu — it changes up its entire establishment.
You won’t want to miss the exciting eatery that changes its feathers from day to night in Bucks County. In the morning, the popular Yardley spot is dressed as Pretty Bird Coffee Roasters.
It’s the cool coffee house serving craft coffee and eats that the locals love.
But in the evening, it gets even prettier as Kawaii Tori, where the coffee bar turns into a sushi bar that sends taste buds soaring roll by roll.
“When you walk in here during the day there’s no hint of sushi and when you walk in here during the night there’s no hint of coffee,” said?
It’s sort of a strange bird — two totally different restaurants under one roof? But, it’s also kind of brilliant.
“We put candles on the table, change the lighting, new artwork,” owner Jim Cain said.
Cain says these two birds seamlessly fly together because it’s a two-for-one win for the Yardley community.
“It’s a really quaint, blueholic little town and it was really commercial and it didn’t really have a vibrant downtown and we saw that as an opportunity,” Cain said.
Watch the video above for the full interview.
- ‘It Feels Good. I Like Being Productive’, Kindness & Opportunity Also Brewing At ‘Our Grounds’ Coffee Shop
- Growing Coffee Shop Expanding Into Fenway
- A Rat Was Found Inside Raw Chicken Left Outside A Coffee Shop
- Former CA Assemblyman Pleads Guilty In Fraud Scheme Involving BART Coffee Shops
- No one would hire this man with autism. He opened his own coffee shop and now hires employees with special needs
- Australia Vs Pakistan, Day-Night Test: Lyon, Warner, Labuschagne star in emphatic Aussie win; hosts clean sweep series
- Cricket Australia eyes more than one day-night Test against India
- Cricket Australia wants India to play two Day-Night Tests in 2021
- Australia eyes more than one Day-Night Test against India in 2021 series, says Ganguly
- AUS vs PAK Day-Night 2nd Test: Australia Close in on Innings Victory Against Pakistan Despite Yasir Shah's Maiden Hundred on Day 3 in Adelaide