Two men were stabbed in front of rush hour commuters in north London this afternoon.
The incident happened on Seven Sisters Road, N4, at 4.55pm outside a Costa coffee shop.
London Ambulance service and the Metropolitan Police raced to the scene. The two men have been taken away by ambulance for treatment.
The Metropolitan Police has sealed off an area outside a Costa coffee shop on Seven Sisters Road in north London after two men were stabbed on the street shortly before 5pm. The victims were treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to hospital
The Metropolitan Police has launched an investigation into the double stabbing, although there have not yet been any arrests.
Both men were treated at the scene by paramedics before being rushed to hospital.
Scotland Yard said they were awaiting an update on the men’s condition.
The incident caused significant traffic delays in the area.
One woman who witnessed the aftermath of the attack told the Islington Gazette: ‘It’s a big shock, I have just been throwing up.
‘I was walking home from work and saw the ambulance pulling up and I heard a woman – she was an off duty nurse – saying: “Open your eyes”, to a victim in a bad way.
‘I looked on the floor, there was a pool of blood. I turned around and saw paramedics pulling his top up, he had a stab wound to the chest. I saw him bleeding through his clothes. The second guy was just standing there, and not even the paramedics realised he was stabbed at first. He was in shock, probably seeing his friend down there [on the pavement].
‘He opened his top up and there was blood pouring out of his left side. I told a paramedic trying to get a stretcher: “You need to help the other guy, he has been stabbed”. The guys were young, probably in their late teens or early twenties.’
- ‘It’s Been Fun’: Autistic Man Opens Coffee Shop After No One Hired Him
- ‘It’s Been Fun’: Man With Autism Opens Coffee Shop After No One Hired Him
- Townsville coffee shop owner slams ‘entitled’ and rude customers
- Inside James Argent’s very colourful new £1.3 million north London home next to his mum and dad
- Woman in her 30s dies suspiciously in £125-a-night room at Ramada hotel in north London
- Newly-opened coffee shops on Hanoi railway closed
- Large fire breaks out at a north London Vue cinema as footage shows flames and smoke tearing through the roof
- Armed police raid a north London home after neighbours report seeing 'man holding a gun' with the capital on high alert following yesterday's London Bridge terror attack
- The Al Qaeda Islamist fanatic from Stoke who was caught plotting to murder rabbis in Mumbai-style terror attack on London - and boasted about his benefits after early release
- 7 killed, 3 suspects dead after 'brutal terrorist attack' at London Bridge, Borough Market