A good move by the folks who were supposed to host the first major of the year
The 2020 Masters has been postponed, but the Augusta National Golf Club is still trying to provide some early spring life to a country that badly needs it. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Augusta National has pledged $2 million to help fight the virus.
“It is our hope these gifts will help address the many challenges brought about by the coronavirus throughout the city of Augusta and the greater region,” Augusta National chairman Fred Ridley said in a statement. “We believe Augusta National has an important responsibility to support and protect the community who has so generously and consistently supported us for many years.”
According to ESPN, the money will be directed two different places.
The club released details on Monday morning, saying that $1 million would go to Augusta University to help expand coronavirus testing, with another $1 million given to the COVID-19 CSRA Emergency Fund, which was launched to “directly support relief efforts for the most vulnerable populations affected by the coronavirus pandemic in the community.”
This is a great move by Augusta National in the wake of so much national tragedy. The organization is uniquely positioned to be able to do something like this, and it has followed through. All of it following the disappointment of having to push the 2020 Masters to a to-be-determined later date.
Mickelson and Woods went head-to-head for $9 million in 2018
When it comes to dollars and cents, driving the ball well makes more money than putting it…
Both companies are stepping up this week in a time of need
Love has long been an integral part of the St. Simons Island community
We could get nothing in 2020 or one of the great scenes in sports
McIlroy, Billy Horschel and others are getting their miles in on the bike
- While Trump Touts 'Cure' Made By Regeneron, Its CEO Is A Member Of Trump Golf Club
- Augusta Nationals plays through debate over Ga voting law
- Need a Coronavirus Test? Being Rich and Famous May Help
- Amazon, Red Cross partnering on faster deliveries of disaster relief supplies
- First US COVID-19 emergency aid supplies arrive in India
- First US Covid emergency aid supplies arrive in India
- US aid arrives in India as Covid cases explode
- Coronavirus digest: India launches effort to vaccinate all adults
- GOP Makes Fresh Push To End Gov. Walz’s Emergency Powers
- China-Philippines Friendship and Cooperation Will Withstand the Test of Time
Augusta National Golf Club donates $2 million to aid in coronavirus testing, emergency relief have 541 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.