Both companies are stepping up this week in a time of need
Golf is gone, but that doesn’t mean its influence has waned. Seamus Golf — which normally produces some amazing hard goods for golfers everywhere — has pivoted to the production of masks for healthcare workers who are laboring to treat those infected with COVID-19.
Here’s what they said on their website.
Over the past few days we received inquiries from primary care physicians, nurses, and first responders for our masks. Prototyping began last week and ended with our first production run on Friday. We are using our materials and constructing them in a way that each of these individuals are requesting to use as a last resort. They have confirmed that what we are making is better than what they are resorting to use.
We do not have the N95 material but are seeking it and could use your help.
By taking last week to disinfect and set up the office for social distanced production, we believe that we can continue to make products and keep our employees through this time. We are temporarily closing the store to allow the full team to focus and assess the situation with masks.
As a result, the Seamus website is shut down as they’ve concentrated all of their efforts on making masks, which has become a high priority in multiple areas as the pandemic surges.
Seamus isn’t the only company doing their part though. Linksoul — which is a producer of some terrific golf apparel — is selling this awesome shirt encouraging folks to flatten the curve and help defeat COVID-19. Proceeds here go to a “direct relief fund specifically helps the most vulnerable populations affected by this crisis, including hourly wage workers, the elderly, and those with disabilities.”
While not having sports (especially golf for me) has been a bummer, it’s also been a joy to see companies help people, people help each other and everyone display a little more kindness as we all traipse through uncharted territory together.
Love has long been an integral part of the St. Simons Island community
We could get nothing in 2020 or one of the great scenes in sports
McIlroy, Billy Horschel and others are getting their miles in on the bike
It could be a lost year for the Big Cat and his pursuit of the all-time major wins record
Is the young star tracking with guys like Rory and Rahm?
Ranking the best players in the world right now
- States ask Trump to deploy military to help fight coronavirus pandemic
- US running out of secret stockpile of protective gear needed to fight coronavirus pandemic
- Our health system is struggling to fight coronavirus. Med students could help
- Coronavirus Pandemic: China 'ready to help India' prevent COVID-19 spread
- Rihanna's foundation donates $5 million to help fight coronavirus
- Under pressure, Trump administration opens door to mobilizing Medicaid to fight coronavirus
- State Budgets Are Getting Blown Up by the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Sports events around the world hit by coronavirus pandemic
- Fight coronavirus, not each other: Pandemic ‘accelerating’ as global cases top 362,000 and UN chief calls for a global ceasefire so nations can focus on ‘true fight of our lives’
- Coronavirus pandemic | Vedanta chairman Anil Agarwal pledges Rs 100 crore, Anand Mahindra to offer full salary to deal with COVID-19
Seamus Golf and Linksoul assisting in fight against coronavirus pandemic have 734 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.