COFFEE shops, estate agents and restaurants could be the first to reopen, says a report seen by ministers. They are deemed to offer the greatest boost to the crippled economy, but the smallest risk of transmitting the disease. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates To ensure they are safe, all premises will first have to undergo revamps to ensure social distancing, by installing screens or big distances between tables. The new thinking is laid out in a report – seen by The Sun – authored by Tory peer Lord Gadhia and GlaxoSmithKline chairman Sir Jonathan Symonds. Calling for a limited reopening of high streets, the pair say Britain must “learn to live with Covid” as it can’t be fully defeated until a vaccine is mass produced in 12 to 18 months time. Its emergence comes as stand-in leader Dominic Raab prepares to announce the lockdown will be extended by at least another three weeks.As Boris Johnson continues to recover, the Foreign Secretary will chair a COBRA committee meeting this afternoon to rubber stamp the decision to extend the nation’s virtual house arrest until May 7, when it will be reviewed again.LOCKDOWN ESCAPE With the… Read full this story
- Estate agent launches 0% commission deal meaning it's selling homes 'for free'
- Are real estate agents underquoting, or beating expectations in a rising property market?
- Estate agent, 31, is hailed a hero after he pulled out in front of a bus full of passengers to tell the driver it was 'on fire' before putting out the blaze near the engine
- House that is engulfed in flames is listed by estate agent on sale for £81,000
- Estate agents play key role in fighting crime
- Restaurants Open For Christmas 2019 Around Fredericksburg
- New Italian Restaurant Opens In Reston Town Center
- This Coffee Shop Repels Wireless Signals So You Won’t Be Tempted By Your Phone
- Houston's (latest) most anticipated restaurant openings, August
- Restaurants Open For Christmas Day 2019 Around Reston
Coffee shops, estate agents and restaurants ‘to be first to re-open’ when easing lockdown restrictions have 330 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 16, 2020. This is cached page on Wordpress. If you want remove this page, please contact us.