Cummins became the most expensive foreign buy in the IPL at the auction in December when Kolkata Knight Riders shelled out a whopping Rs 15.50 crore for his services.
“The T20 World Cup is something we’ve spoken about for the best part of two or three years. The (ODI) World Cup in 2015, that was absolutely a career highlight for me and I wasn’t even playing in the final. I’d love to see that go ahead,” Cummins was quoted as saying by the ‘Australian Associated Press’.
“That’s probably the big tournament this year for international cricket … I’d love for that to happen in a perfect world and if I was to be really greedy, I’d love for the IPL to happen as well.”
There is no definitive word on the IPL yet after it was postponed to April 15. With coronavirus cases continuing to rise globally, it is unlikely the cash-rich league will be organised anytime soon.
Former England batsman Kevin Pietersen has suggest that the IPL should kick-start the cricketing season and be held before the T20 World Cup, scheduled in October-November.
- ‘Mumbai Indians would win T20 World Cup’: Michael Vaughan’s hilarious tweet after MI wins fifth IPL title
- Buoyed with IPL 2020 success, BCCI secretary Jay Shah assures to deliver a safe T20 World Cup in 2021
- BCCI will leave no stone unturned to deliver a safe T20 World Cup in 2021, says Jay Shah
- BCCI president Sourav Ganguly poses with T20 World Cup trophy, says ‘it’s time for India in 21’
- BCCI Will Leave No Stone Unturned to Deliver a Safe T20 World Cup in 2021: Jay Shah
- T20 World Cup as per schedule in 2021
- Looking forward to play my role as administrator as India prepare to host T20 World Cup next year: BCCI President Sourav Ganguly
- Yuvraj Singh recalls hitting 6 sixes off Stuart Broad in 2007 T20 World Cup
- Mumbai Indians can win T20 World Cup, reckons Vaughan
- BCCI confident of hosting T20 World Cup in 2021
Pat Cummins prioritises T20 World Cup over IPL have 507 words, post on www.mykhel.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.