This means that after August 17, 2021, the browser will stop working on Microsoft products such as Office 365, Outlook, and others. The company has also said that before this, Internet Explorer will stop working on Teams From November 30, 2020. However, the devices running on Windows 10 will still have the Internet Explorer as the company has not yet revealed the timeline for its complete shutdown.
In an official blog post, Microsoft said, “For degraded experiences, new Microsoft 365 features will not be available or certain features may cease to work when accessing the app or service via IE 11.” The company is also encouraging users to use the Microsoft Edge browser. The company also added that all the apps of Internet Explorer will also work on the new Edge browser. Microsoft said, “Users can standardize on one browser and seamlessly experience the best of the modern web in one tab while accessing a business-critical legacy IE 11 app in another tab – all housed within the new Edge.”
Apart from announcing the shut down of Internet Explorer Microsoft also said that it is also ending support for Microsoft Edge. The company said after March 9, 2021, the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop app will not receive new security updates and it advises users to switch to the new Microsoft Edge browser.
Recently, a report by NetMarketShare revealed that Microsoft Edge is the second most popular internet browser in the world. Microsoft Edge has ‘edged’ Mozilla Firefox into third place and now has a 7.59% market share. Firefox in the third spot has a 7.19% market share. Google Chrome remains the undisputed number one internet browser with a whopping 68.50% market share.
- Internet Explorer 0-day attacks on US nuke workers hit 9 other sites
- Grote beveiligingsfout in Internet Explorer gevonden, maar Microsoft kan hem nog niet repareren
- How to Rename Internet Explorer to Firefox/Chrome Downloader
- After record-long blackout, India restores full internet access in Kashmir — for now
- Big Tech's honeymoon with the world's second-largest internet market is ending
- Microsoft touts browser gaming with Web-based relaunch of Win95’s
- Browser review: Microsoft’s new “Edgium” Chromium-based Edge
- Can the internet reboot Africa?
- What You Need to Know About the New Microsoft Edge Browser
- E3 2019: Microsoft’s hasty, brave Project xCloud demo can’t handle the pressure
Microsoft to shut down Internet Explorer in August 2021 have 459 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at August 19, 2020. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.