“We understand that moving our offices to our homes is not always easy or comfortable especially for those with families at home or for those who are feeling isolated and we’re working hard to address the unique needs of our employees during this time,” said Brent Hyder, Salesforce President and Chief People Officer.
“To ensure that our employees have what they need to continue working from home, we are offering $250 for office tools and equipment – in addition to the $250 provided earlier in the year”.
The company has expanded family care leave, making parents eligible for six weeks of paid time off.
“In June, we increased our global back-up childcare offerings through the summer so employees can get reimbursed up to $100 per day for 5 days each month. And today, we’ve extended that through the end of January 2021,” Hyder said.
Facebook has told its 48,000-strong workforce to stay at home through July 2021 and is giving an additional $1,000 to each employee to buy supplies for a home office.
Google had earlier set January 2021 as a tentative timeline for its workers to return to offices.
Twitter has allowed employees to work from home “forever” if they wish so.
While Amazon and Apple expect their employees to return to their respective offices in January, most other tech companies also appeared to be hoping work from home to last till the end of the year.
- Fury as the Government simply tells people flying home from Asian countries to 'call NHS 111 if you feel ill' after THIRD travel-related coronavirus case flies into UK from Singapore as ministers face calls to screen ALL travellers at airports
- Three months on, the clearing of bushfire-destroyed homes marks important recovery milestone
- China cautiously returns to work as Wuhan coronavirus death toll tops 900 worldwide
- Kapil Dev-led CAC writes to CoA, wants to be part of support staff appointment
- Briton 'gang raped' in Cyprus tells her full story: Locked up with killers, a cell infested with cockroaches, fending off advances from inmates and prison officers spying on her via CCTV... freed teen recounts life as prisoner
- Shop till they drop: the play that takes us inside an Amazon warehouse
- 'Cult' mom Lori Vallow waited 32 hours to tell her husband's sons that he was dead over TEXT and ignored their questions for four days - even though she was there when her brother killed him
- Now coronavirus fears hit school attended by super-spreader's children: Pupils told 'stay at home' and staff 'self-isolate' as two GP surgeries, pub, care home and YOGA class are caught in Brighton's deadly disease trail
- Greenbriar School Preps For New Canine Staff Member
- 'I've NEVER used our pool,' Kim Kardashian tells shocked Kanye West as they open doors to their minimalist mansion (which they insist IS kid-friendly)
Salesforce tells staff to work from home till mid-2021 have 548 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at August 24, 2020. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.