WordPress 5.9 Beta 3 is now available for testing!
This software version is still under development. Please do not run this software on a production site; install it on a test site, where you can try out the newest features and get a feel for how they will work on your site.
You can test the WordPress 5.9 Beta 3 in three ways:
Option 1: Install and activate the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (select the "Bleeding edge" channel and "Beta/RC Only" stream).
Option 2: Direct download the beta version .
Option 3: If you use WP-CLI to upgrade from Beta 1 or Beta 2 to Beta 3 on a case-insensitive filesystem, please use the following command sequence:
wp core update --version=5.9-beta2
wp core update --version=5.9-beta3 --force
The current target for the final release of 5.9 is January 25, 2022, which gets closer every minute. Your help testing this beta is vital: the more testing that happens, the more stable the release, and the better the experience for users and developers—and the entire WordPress community.
- Editor: Add FSE infrastructure from Gutenberg plugin into Core ( #54335 ).
- Formatting: Allow PDFs to embedded as objects ( #54261 )
- Language switcher on the login screen ( #43700 )
- REST API: Add navigation areas REST API endpoint from Gutenberg plugin ( #54393 )
- Themes: Live Preview button bug ( #54578 )
How You Can Help
Do some testing!
Testing for bugs is vital for polishing the release in the beta stage and a great way to contribute.
If you think you've found a bug, please post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. If you're comfortable writing a reproducible bug report , file one on WordPress Trac . That's also where you can find a list of known bugs .
For even more ways to test, you can also refer to this official Full Site Editing post from @annezazu .
Got questions? Here are some answers
In the coming weeks, follow the Make WordPress Core blog for 5.9-related developer notes that cover these items in detail. So far, contributors have fixed 316 tickets in WordPress 5.9 , including 100 new features and enhancements . More bug fixes are on the way with your help through testing.
Filed under #release, #5.9, #beta
- Huawei P30 series first to get EMUI 10 beta update
- Will current beta rally in stock market sustain?
- Infinity Ward outlines changes being made following 'Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare' beta
- Sling TV multi-stream exits beta, core packages get rebranded and more
- Latest WhatsApp Android beta update brings solid colour options for dark mode: Report
- Beta Film Acquires New Movistar Plus Series ‘Libertad’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Beta Film Drives into Europe’s Adria Region, Investing in Drugi Plan (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘A 6-yr-old girl called me Monisha beta’
- Rupali Ganguly: A six-year-old girl called me Monisha beta
- Nioh 2 Final PS4 Beta Confirmed For Later This Month
WordPress 5.9 Beta 3 have 490 words, post on wordpress.org at December 14, 2021. This is cached page on WP Discuss. If you want remove this page, please contact us.